Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Four Year Journey

Yes I am almost in high school
I feel mature
I feel powerful
I feel like I have accomplished something
And no one can stop me

All the talk about how high school is the best 4 years of your life
All the dances
Events
Sports
Parties
It sounds like a blast

Oh no I am almost in high school
I am nervous
I am worried
I am scared of what is to come
And there is no way to figure it out

All the talk about the amount of homework and exams
All the tests
Drama
Fights
Mistakes
It sounds petrifying

Things in life come and go
Some are better than others
And there seems to be two sides to everything
Which makes us hold back from succeeding
But what's the point of holding back

We are all people
We mess up
We do stupid things
Instead of hiding in misery behind it, live up to it
Learn from what you did and change
For the sake of yourself

The school part of high school is intimidating
All of the work and pressure
The Independence part of high school is exhilarating
All the fun opportunities available
The attitude part of high school is nerve racking
Afraid of what people will think of you
Afraid of being labeled the first day you walk through those doors.

All the advice of your parents have given you
Be yourself
Do your best
Make good choices
Have fun
All of these tips will become useful for high school
Make the best out of your high school years
And don’t let anything or anyone get in your way
Of you achieving your goals.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds from this poem that you've received some excellent advice. High school, like any stage in your life, gives you what you put into it. There is no free ride, or super experience, without puting the right attitude and effort into those things you truly care about. (sorry for being all quasi-parental) Nice poem, and I'm sure it conveys the thoughts and feelings of many of you classmates as you prepare to move on.

    ReplyDelete